Recently, I had the pleasure of being invited to Key West with friends. It’s someplace that I had never been, but was curious about, so I jumped on the opportunity to go. It was brutally hot, but we still found lots of cool stuff to do. Thanks, Enrique!
1. Chose our Key West pseudonyms
2. Watched the sun set
3. Caused a commotion on the ocean
4. Learned about Key West history
5. Visited the Hemingway house
6. Went to the Garden of Eden
7. Had a tangerine dream
8. Met a Czech Mex
9. Bought fabulous earrings
10. Lounged poolside
11. With frozen vodka lemonade
12. Wandered the cemetery
13. Got tattoos (or tats, too)
14. Laughed at the Red Trouser Show
15. Drank at the southernmost pub in the US
16. Ate delicious Cuban food
17. Admired the butterflies
18. Strolled Duval St.
19. Played mojito doctor
20. Did not have any fun at all
We also managed some key phrases while we were there (let me know if I forgot any!)
1. It’s just around the bend.
2. I’ve never been on a junk. Well, not that kind of junk.
3. Did you hear the Waffle House closed?
4. Sphere of sunshine
5. Once you’ve ruined your reputation, you can live quite freely.
Photos to come (and I realized with this post that I never put up pictures from Hacienda Mosaico, so those are coming, too!)….