Last month, I took my goddaughter to Paris for her 16th birthday. This is a trip that has literally been in the making since the day she was born, but I was a little nervous about it….she and I have never spent so much time together in one stretch, and she’d never been away from her mother that long. I really wasn’t sure how well it would go….but she turned out to be an engaging and adventurous travel partner. She was really game to do almost anything, eat anything, go anywhere. She had some things on her agenda, and I had some on mine, and I think we managed to hit just about everything. Here’s what we did…..
1. Sent my glasses on an adventure of their own
2. Admired the stained glass at Ste. Chappelle
3. Took selfies in the Hall of Mirrors
4. French french fries are the best
5. Went riding on the metro
6. Toured the opera house
7. And then went back for the ballet
8. Ate buckwheat crepes
9. Visited the mental hospital
10. Went Beyond the Stars at Musee d’Orsay
11. Climbed the Eiffel Tower
12. Tea for two, and two for tea
13. Wandered the gardens
14. And laughed at the square trees
15. Ate le mixte for breakfast
16. And macarons at Laduree
17. Swooned over the Monets at l’Orangerie
18. Visited Victoire de Samothrace and Lisa Gherardini
19. Sampled ALL the creme brulees
20. Had some memorable and quality bonding time together.
Until next time….